Spontaneous Combustion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foraging for people who get goods, but want excellent/incredible

3 posters

Go down

Foraging for people who get goods, but want excellent/incredible Empty Foraging for people who get goods, but want excellent/incredible

Post by Chipps Sat 06 Sep 2008, 11:02 pm

So obviously if you're getting good most of the time you have the basic strategy down. Here are the things you may or may not know about foraging scoring.
1) The single biggest thing you can do to increase your score is to clear 2 or more big chests at once. The bigger the chests, the better the reward.
2) If clearing one chest leads to a clearing of another, it's a smaller bonus than if you clear them at the same time
3) If you're playing for a long time, you're doing it wrong. Each foraging session only takes me 2-3 minutes. There is a slight time bonus the faster you do it, just make sure that you don't get chests stuck so that you're waiting forever for a machette.

Thats all for now cherry
Chipps
Chipps
Forum Post King

Number of posts : 910
Crew : The Sage Coastguard
Home Isle : Scrimshaw
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Foraging for people who get goods, but want excellent/incredible Empty Re: Foraging for people who get goods, but want excellent/incredible

Post by Anamii Sun 07 Sep 2008, 1:57 pm

once apon a time i cleared one small chest and got incred. Though i've gone down from leg to about renowned which sucks.

I think foraging is alive, it always knows what piece you need and never gives it to you, or does but in the wrong place.
Anamii
Anamii
Forum Post Gremlin

Number of posts : 852
Crew : Whisked
Home Isle : Admiral

http://www.freewebs.com/suicidal-spoons

Back to top Go down

Foraging for people who get goods, but want excellent/incredible Empty Re: Foraging for people who get goods, but want excellent/incredible

Post by Chipps Thu 25 Sep 2008, 2:06 am

I hate puzzles with a mind of their own.
Also, Bump!
Chipps
Chipps
Forum Post King

Back to top Go down

Post by Anamii Thu 25 Sep 2008, 2:23 pm

Hello dead topic
Anamii
Anamii
Forum Post Gremlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chipps Fri 26 Sep 2008, 12:16 am

<3 hooray for dead topics!
Chipps
Chipps
Forum Post King

Back to top Go down

Post by Anamii Fri 26 Sep 2008, 10:30 am

Let's hold a funeral for it.
Anamii
Anamii
Forum Post Gremlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wickedwench Fri 26 Sep 2008, 6:46 pm

Chipps wrote:
1) The single biggest thing you can do to increase your score is to clear 2 or more big chests at once. The bigger the chests, the better the reward.
2) If clearing one chest leads to a clearing of another, it's a smaller bonus than if you clear them at the same time

I want proof of this!!!

Every other puzzle in this game works the other way... like swords... break one color which then in turn breaks another and so on... a combo.

From my experience foraging works the same... clearing 2 chests at the same time... both at the bottom and get cleared and drop together is just like breaking two colors at the same time in swords.. ye get a little bonus for it

But if those two chests are stacked and one drops right after the other then the bonus is greater... refers to the swords again like said above... break one color which then in turn breaks another and so on.

Having said that tho... there are times when i have almost used up my labour (only have 1 or 2 fruits left to forage) and i do like normal and it comes up with an unrated game

Mad and some of my alts stats fall when that happens....now speed isn't really an issue when playing it... i play poker with wicked and forage alts at the same time.. sometimes that alt will be on that puzzle for 1/2 hour and still get an incred... so it isn't speed...

this puzzle is all about using the least amount of moves to clear the chests!!
Wickedwench
Wickedwench
Queen

Number of posts : 202
Crew : Crimson Assurance
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chipps Sat 27 Sep 2008, 6:20 am

This is just what I've found, based on my experience foraging. Also, pausing the puzzle probably doesn't affect the time limit. Thirdly, that post was written right when foraging came out and they have updated it like 3-4 times since then so th scoring might have changed.
Chipps
Chipps
Forum Post King

Back to top Go down

Post by Anamii Sun 28 Sep 2008, 5:13 pm

in other words, they've changed it so i suck now.
Anamii
Anamii
Forum Post Gremlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down